Dr. Shafi is a board certified General Surgeon and has been in practice since 1998. He also serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the Surgical Group of North Texas and is the Medical Director at Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance, where he works on improving the quality of surgical care.
Dr. Shafi went to medical school at Aga Khan University in Pakistan, and completed post-graduate training at the University of Pennsylvania, Johns Hopkins University, and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Dr. Shafi has been married since 1992, and his wife also has a graduate degree in healthcare management. They live in Southlake, Texas, with their three children. When he’s not taking care of patients, Dr. Shafi enjoys reading, bicycling, volunteering his time for charities and enjoying his family and friends.
CEO, Surgical Group of North Texas
• Medical Director, Baylor Scott and White Quality Alliance
• General Surgeon, Surgeon Group of North Texas
• Director Research Institute, John Peter Smith Hospital
• Clinical Scholar, Baylor Scott & White Health
• Director of Research, Baylor Institute of Rehabilitation
• Trauma Medical Director, Parkland Hospital
• Trauma Surgeon, Parkland Hospital
• Assistant Professor, UT Southwestern Medical Center
Southern Methodist University, Master of Business Administration 2015 – 2017
• University of Pennsylvania, Trauma Surgery, 2001 – 2003
• University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, General Surgery, 1991-1998
• John Hopkins University, Master of Public Health, 1990 – 1991
• Aga Khan University, Doctor of Medicine, 1983 – 1988