Determining what the right surgery for your personal medical situation is important. A number of factors should be discussed with your doctor and taken into consideration. The surgical choices below :
||Breast Sparing Surgery
Surgery that takes out the cancer and leaves most of the breast
Surgery that removes the whole breast
||Most women can choose this option if they have Breast Cancer or Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS).
||A mastectomy may be a better choice for you if:
• You have small breasts and a large area of DCIS or cancer.
• You have DCIS or cancer in more than one part of your breast.
• The DCIS or cancer is under the nipple.
• You are not able to receive radiation therapy.
To explore the surgical options in detail prior to your appointment, review National Cancer Institute’s website for details. Surgical Group of North Texas, performs the following surgical procedures based upon your medical situation:
- Excisional Breast Biopsy
- Skin-sparing and Nipple-sparing Mastectomy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Axillary Dissection
- Drainage of Breast Abscesses
- Nipple Duct Excision
- Mediport catheter for chemotherapy